his "mid-range" has gotten better, but he hasn't had to shoot it all that much since he just runs people over...in the NBA, if he scores, it will have to be from a consistent 8-10 jumper or on putbacks
But what about a Manu? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img] just kidding.
So you don't think in 3-5 seasons he couldn't be starting for a Memphis, Atlanta, GS etc. team? He has continued to improve his game every season in college. His mid-range game has gotten considerably better the past 2 seasons, he actually has nailed a few 3's already this season. He has become a lot better at finishing and almost automatic from the line. If he continues the hard work and keeps improving at the pace he has been, I see no reason he couldn't start on a decent team.
I'm just saying, you have to recognize the hustle and heart. With the determination he has shown, I believe he can be pretty all right at the next level.
his "mid-range" has gotten better, but he hasn't had to shoot it all that much since he just runs people over...in the NBA, if he scores, it will have to be from a consistent 8-10 jumper or on putbacks
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
Lets put it this way, he is Joakim Noah with a little more hustle, a lot less length and athletic ability. Noah is playing but isn't going to last long IMO in the league, and will never be an impact player, which Hansborough will be the same way.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Obviously he doesn't compare to Battier in terms of their skill set. I was just comparing how their career will end up 6th men, which is why I said a big man's version of Shane Battier.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
He is the best player in Ncaa Basketball
"When Giving Your Best Is Not Good Enough"
Hansbrough 9 points from breaking the record tonight, game is about to start on ESPN right now.
Hansbrough breaks the record, new all time leader at UNC.
Based on determination and effort alone, he will be a much better NBAer than most on this forum ascribe.
He may make a great European pro player.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He may make a great European pro player. </div></div>
Maybe, but wherever he plays, he will lift the intensity and desire of all those around him. Regardless, he is a consummate example of what kids should be watching - work ethic, desire, never quitting, etc. And our screwed up world needs that more than we need another Michael Jordan.
Bookmarks